[Zope-CMF] Plone & CMFLDAP

larry_prikockis@natureserve.org larry_prikockis@natureserve.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:42:04 -0400

... you need to go to the portal_membership tool and map the
userfolder-supplied (i.e., LDAP) roles to the appropriate CMF roles.

I've been playing around with this sort of arrangement for a while, but it's
still quirky.  I haven't gotten the chance to write up what I've tried,
what's worked, what hasn't etc, but feel free to bounce stuff off me.

Of course, my set up has the additional twist that the "LDAP" user source is
really our Windows Active Directory server.  Frankly, I'm pleasantly
surprised that it works at all, given Microsoft's tendency to deviate from
so-called standards :-)