[Zope-CMF] Re: Security, Catalog - Filtering unauthorised away.

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:37:27 +0300

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> My directiry structure is something like following:
>
>  Foo
>   +
>   +--- bar
>   +--- cold
>      +-------file
> Now. The problem is that I wouldn't like the portal search to include
> these files that the user has no rigths to - but it does. What would be
> the rigth / good way to filter out from the search result set those
> brains that point out to a file where I the user does not have access to.

STUMPF! Solved it. My mistake. The permissions from workflow just bit me
in the anckle. I had to make permission into more sensible, then retract
the documents and publish them again -- so that the permission pattern
would be ok.

Has anyone yet written a python-script that would fetch every singe
Portal-object and do workflow-actions on it. Meaning it would be quite
usefull for that kind of situations, if you have to set permissions
again in a workflow...

Or is there a better way to do it?

-huima

-huima