[Zope-CMF] fine grained permissions for adding objects

Jens Wolk jewo_lists@gmx.de
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:34:00 +0200

Am Samstag, 29. Juni 2002 15:50 schrieb Jens Wolk:

> How do I set different permissions for the creation of two different kinds
> of objects from the same python based CMF product?
>
> I have two classes in a product, let's call them ManagerContent and
> MemberContent. In the CMF site to be created, only Managers should be able
> to create ManagerContent objects, but both Managers and Members should be
> able to create MemberContent. ManagerContent and MemberContent objects lie
> in the same folders.

I just realised that this won't work. The idea was that MemberContent and
ManagerContent lie in folders which are *not* owned by a Member. But this
means that a MemberContent object which lies in such a folder can not be
deleted even by the owner of this object unless he/she has the 'Delete
objects' permission granted for *the folder*. In turn, if this is case, the
Member can delete the ManagerContent objects in this folder as well (although
he/she isn't owner), which is no good.

I probably will have to rethink my concept.

Jens