[Zope-CMF] CMF logs user when changeing to a subfolder

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:47:50 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Robert Rottermann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I developed a site with CMF for a customer. (V 1.1 upgraded to 1.2, Zope
> 2.4.4b1)
>
> On the customer site (meaning working from the customers building) the
> CMF-site logs people out when they change to certain subfolders.
> Also people can not cut and paste elements from one folder to an other.
> After cutting an element in the source folder the "paste" button is visible.
> But not after they have changed to the target folder.
>
> I was wondering whether this has something to do with cookies?
> The users are behind a firewall.
>
> thanks for any insight

It sounds as though you are using the CookieCrumbler (as you would
by default) and that the "path" for the cookie is set to a subpath
in your site (which wouldn't happen by default).

Have you by chance customized the 'setAuthCookie' skin method
(perhaps to create persistent auth cookies?)  If so, check that the
'path' beeing passed to 'resp.setCookie' scopes your whole site.