[Zope-CMF] Paying Portals & Progress

BZ bz@bwanazulia.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:56:41 -0500

I am working on a CMF portal that requires members to pay before
accessing the site <gasp!>. I am using PayPal to do the payment
processing but am hitting up against the process flow of registration
in that it actually creates the user folder as the first step after
"login_form".

Has anyone figured a good way of doing this? Here is what I have come
up with (untested).

1) login_form
2) register (created user folder, sets active= to unchecked)
3) Feed PayPal with information (as much as they will take)
4) At end of PayPal there is a "return_url"  which I set with the
memberID and another parameter that when they come back sets the
active=Y.
5) Chenge login to now allow someone to log in if the active for the
account is not set.

Obviously if you know the way to pass the parameters back you can
foil the system but I am willing to do some sort of manual
intervention as I will keep books offline.

The only other way I can think of is to set a cookie on the user and
check that when they come back from PayPal.

So... am I way off base here?

Thanks,
BZ