[Zope-CMF] CMF for a few users AND Customize action

David Hart dhart@atlantisblue.com.au
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:55:47 +1100

--------------070005010500070008090701

Can something inbetween be done, without removing the 'Members' folder?

i.e., I'd like to turn off member area creation when using the join
process, and use a separate form for existing advanced members to create
a member area for themselves.

I've looked in MembershipTool.py the /portal_skins/control/register and
join methods and can't see a straightforward way to do this.

On the thread "Customize action", many possible actions may exist in
different categories including those specific to the current object,
workflow, folder and global. See portal_skins/zpt_generic/main_template.
Also look in ActionsTool.py and the source files for other tools. f.e.
if no member area exists, the "ContextActionsBox" is simplified to
"Preferences" and "Log out" excluding other items like "My Stuff", "Add
to Favourite", etc. as seen in MembershipTool.py. Different
customisations can/must be done in different places.

-dave

Chris Withers wrote:

>>In a case like this, I guess the most logical way is to get rid of the
>>'members' folder and simply build the site with folders and cmf content
>>objects?
>>

>If hat's what makes sense to you, then yes :-)

--------------070005010500070008090701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Can something inbetween be done, without removing the 'Members' folder?<br>
i.e., I'd like to turn off member area creation when using the join process,
and use a separate form for existing advanced members to create a member
area for themselves.<br>
I've looked in MembershipTool.py the /portal_skins/control/register and join
methods and can't see a straightforward way to do this.<br>
On the thread "Customize action", many possible actions may exist in different
categories including those specific to the current object, workflow, folder
and global. See portal_skins/zpt_generic/main_template. Also look in ActionsTool.py
and the source files for other tools. f.e. if no member area exists, the
"ContextActionsBox" is simplified to "Preferences" and "Log out" excluding
other items like "My Stuff", "Add to Favourite", etc. as seen in MembershipTool.py.
Different customisations can/must be done in different places.<br>
-dave<br>
Chris Withers wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap=""></pre>

--------------070005010500070008090701--