[Zope-CMF] What does the user say?

zopehosting.ch goeldi@zopehosting.ch
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:52:35 GMT

----------1015800755

> >From what I've seen, sites made with the basic CMF are not all that usable.

Yep. Usability is not existing in CMF.

> http://www.nexusconcepts.com/flashcam/flashcam.htm -- something like what
> Zope.COM has at http://www.zope.com/Demos/

So we are speaking about usability, aren't we?

The Flash demos at zope.com/Demos/ are not usable because they are too fast. Even for a person who knows cmf they are too fast. The spoken language is somehow hard to follow for a non-english person like me. This excludes a very relevant part of the world.

> I have yet to see a truly usable CMF-based site;

I am working on a CMF site, which contains the necessary stuff INSIDE of the content part. So the 'reply' button won't be in the actions box, but at the bottom of a document. To add new content, it shouldn't be necessary to click to 'my stuff' (which is not very logical, if you are not used to CMF).

BTW: I am a big fan of Zope and CMF. These guys do a great work. I demonstrated CMF at the Internet Expo in Switzerland this year and saw a big interest by interesting companies.

Stephan

Goeldi.com - Zopehosting.ch

----------1015800755--