[Zope-CMF] Adding objects that already have workflow information

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:07:52 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Bjorn Stabell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're using ZSync to update content from a "local content editing
> server" to the public website, but when ZSync adds an object all the
> manage_afterAdd etc hooks are called, and they reset the workflow state.
>
> What would be the best way to fix this problem?  I assume making ZSync
> workflow-aware, but what is the best way to add something while
> preserving it's workflow information.

This is a known problem, stemming from PortalContent's use of the
'manage_afterAdd' hook;  the Right Thing (tm) would probably involve
the use of an event channel;  in the meantime, a workaround is to
modify the 'notifyCreated' handlers in the workflow implementations
to check for existing "workflow-relevant data" on the instance.

See tracker issue #410 for a related problem:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/410

then, if you would, please submit a new issue describing this one:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/submitIssueForm