[Zope-CMF] Problems adding custom actions to Document

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:26:10 +0000

the id of an action is not the same as the presentation element (dtml
method, zpt) to which it refers.

id 'foo' might call presentation element 'view_foo'.  the id -> method
translation does not occur as part of the publishing machinery, so a url
thing/foo won't work, but a url thing/view_foo will, as I think you've
found out.

the view method is hard coded in all PortalContent components.  It
returns the default view, which is the action at the top of the
content's list of actions (or the first one which the user has
permission to view)

As for the error, perhaps you are getting that when you are typing

   object_id/object_method/view

instead of

   object_id/view

?