[Zope-CMF] getIcon problems ...

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:24:12 +0000 (UTC)

[about getIcon]
> > I thought maybe caching was an issue, so I restarted Zope, but nope, that
> > didn't do any good.
>
> Try recataloging your content.

By the way I consider that a conception defect (okay, a bug) in CMF:
getIcon is catalogged, but what is catalogged actually depends on the
VHM used at the moment of catalogging. In some sites that's not
acceptable. (Of course I realize that this catalogging probably was
there before the VirtualRootPhysicalPath hacks happened...)

In my sites I end up defining

def getIconRelative(self):
    """Gets the Icon path, relative to the portal path."""
    return self.getIcon(1)

and catalogging and using that one.

Does this warrant inclusion in CMF ? I can cook up a patch.

Florent