[Zope-CMF] CMF-1.2 Plone and folders..

Timothy J F Gildersleeve tim@otcs-online.co.uk
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:07:59 -0000

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered before (I did look through the archives but
couldnt see it - its possible I missed it though there are a lot of
archives!)

Im using Zope 2.5.0 (Binary Linux version), CMF-1.1 and Plone 0.9.9.  and I
am having a couple of problems.

First when adding a folder and then putting documents (or other types in)
and viewing the folder (normal view - not folder view) you see the list of
items in the folder but clicking on a document, instead of opening it, takes
you back to the same screen again.  It opens the documents "/folder_list"
view.

Also, when creating a folder and placing items inside, they are not visible
(and the folder isnt either) to other members - even when they have been
published.  They do show up in searches but are not visible to others.

I also would like to place folders and content on the main front page, but
cannot get them to show up at all.  Again they are accessable by searching
but thats all.

The front page of the site seems very hard to edit and I cant work out what
to do to add content to the front page (change it) apart from changing the
description of the site - and that doesnt help much.

If anyone can help a complete newbie come to grips with this I would be
grateful.  Im assuming that this is mainly a Plone issue as I do not have
these problems without Plone.

I would be grateful if any replies can be sent to my email address in
addition to this list.

Regards

Tim Gildersleeve
tim@otcs-online.co.uk