[Zope-CMF] missing "title" on news-items

Wendy Langer wlanger@bigpond.net.au
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:57:16 +1100

Hi all,

I am a newbie both to Zope and to the CMF.

I have the book "Zope: web application construction kit" by Brockmann,
Kirchner, et al. (the "ZWACK book" :)

I am currently working through chapter 5 of this book, which covers setting
up an example portal for a group called "Achievers International".

I have been able to install CMF ok from the CD, I set up a portal, and added
some members (a student, a reviewer, and an "unlisted" student") as per the
directione in the book. This all worked alright.

However when I get my "student" to add a news article, some funny things
happen.

I give the item a title, description, and subject on the "Standard Resource
Metadata" page, and a "title lead-in" and "body" on the "edit" page, and
then submit it.

However, when I log back in as a reviewer so that I can publish the item,
the "title" metadata has gone missing; what is shown is this:

Title  Type  Date
  (No title)  News Item  2002-03-18 16:45:37
  title lead-in for news7

As a result of this, once  I publish the item, and then go to the "news"
link to look at it, although the
name of the author and the "lead-in" are shown, there is no title link to
click on in order to view the item. From the scrren shots in the book, it
should say something like this:

news7-title
By Wendy
news7 lead-in

and then by clicking on "news7-title" you would be taken to the body of the
message. However the title is completely missing, (and already was at the
review satge, as mentioned above), so there is nothing to click on and no
way to view the articl from here.

 The only way I can find to view tha actual body of the item is to use the
search box to find it, which will give something like this

Title  Type  Date
  (No title)  News Item  2002-03-18 16:46:09
  title lead-in for news7 .

The words "no title" are in this case underlined as a link, and clicking on
them correctly takes me to the body of the article.

What is happening here, has any-one else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Wendy Langer