[Zope-CMF] Compound elements status

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
18 Mar 2002 11:57:10 +0000

This should be in CMFDefault, not CMFCore, no?

I think this topic could do with more discussion before anything gets
folded into the CMF.

The CMFArticle is a specific application of a composite-type idea, viz.
the user can add elements to a folder which aggregates them all together
for display in a single page.

The original proposal was all about 'slots': a Type which knows which
elements it is composed of.  The type itself should act as a single unit
in workflow and searches, so that a search for a page does not bring up
the components of which it is constructed, but the page itself.

CMFArticle is v. nice, but IMO is not a Composite document as stated
elsewhere, rather it is something along the lines suggested by its name,
a kind of 'newspaper page' type.  We could look at (a) extending it to
meet those requirements, (b) we could decide the requirements were not
correct, or (c) we could keep it as it is and develop a separate
composite type.

seb