[Zope-CMF] Compound elements status

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:55:21 +0000

Florent Guillaume wrote:

>Max M  <maxm@mxm.dk> wrote:
>
>>I believe it would be a better idea to have the elements stored directly
>>in a "content" list inside the compund element. That way it will also be
>>trivial to change the order of the elements. And for the security
>>system, and the catalog it is all seen as one item.
>>
>Well then it's not a content-management system if you have to have
>specialized types for subelements, or if you store the subelement in a
>list instead of a folderish object.

Yes it is. The "Compund Article" is _one_ element in a content
management subsystem. One that that is needed because editing through
the web interface sucks.

If you want to put arbitrary element into the compund object you are
really just making a specialized Folder object.

>I think a worthwile goal, on the contrary, would be to have elements
>that are as CMFish as possible. The difficult part is of course to make
>it play well with catalogging, security and workflows.

I don't understand what you mean. In which regards CMF'ish ??

regards Max M