[Zope-CMF] CMF/LDAP auth

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:28:51 +0000

There are 2 aspects to Member objects in CMF: core member info like username
and password, managed by MembershipTool.py, and extra, customisable member
data that is managed by MemberDataTool.py.

Your user folder will provide the authorisation for a member, but won't
provide any extra member data.  The member data still gets stored in the ZODB
by default.  If you didn't create that member in your Zope instance, then
your portal is looking for the member data in the portal_memberdata tool, but
it's not there.

I think I've just confused myself there, but I also think it's along the
right lines.

Have you looked at XUF?  It's a userfolder that also stores extra data for
users.  I think there's an LDAP auth source for it too.

I've used XUF before to store membership info of a CMF site in a MySQL
database.  In the process of doing so I wrote a XUF member data tool, which
basically passes anything that the default member data tool would have put in
the ZODB to XUF, so that it can put the member data where it likes.  This
isn't MySQL-specific, it's generic for all XUF property sources.  If there's
an LDAP property source (not sure if there is) then you can use it to store
your member data in there instead of the ZODB.

XUF: http://exuserfolder.sf.net
XUFTools: http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/XUFTools

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 4:12 pm, larry_prikockis@NatureServe.org wrote:
> Hi...
> I'm sure this is something silly, as I had it working before but... here
> goes:
>
> I'm running Zope 2.5, the latest CMF out of CVS and the latest version of
> LDAPUserFolder...
> I can set up the LDAP user folder so I can correctly talk to the LDAP
> server, look up users/groups, etc.
> However-- when I try to log into the CMF Portal, I get the following:

<snip>