[Zope-CMF] child class behaves like PortalFolder

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:28:06 -0500

Jens Wolk wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> based on the CMFBoringContent Tutorial product at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/eenge/CMFBoringContent
> I try to implement my first CMF product.
>
> However, my folderish "CMF zyp Category" behaves like it was a
> PortalFolder (its parent class) and I don't know why. (If I - for example -
> click on "Edit" for the object myZypCategory then
> myZypCategory/folder_edit_form is called instead of
> myZypCategory/zyp_category_edit_form)
>
> Since I have been trying this and that with no success I would like you to
> have a look at the code - it's probably one silly little thingy I keep on
> overlooking.
>
> BTW, the product is registered in the portal_types and the portal_workflows
> tools.
>
> I hesitate to add white noise to this ML by posting the complete sourcecode.
> So please point your browser to
> http://www.jenswolk.de/zypContentCategory.htm

That looks OK;  please look at the "Actions" tab of your 'zypCategory'
type object and see what values are in the fields there.  If they still
have the "stock" values for folders, then you should re-create the
type object:

   - Delete your 'zypCategory' object from the types tool.

   - Re-add it, using your product's type as a base.