[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3 roadmap / release schedule (preview)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:18:01 +0000 (UTC)

Tres Seaver  <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:
>    - Are there outstanding features / fixes which you believe to be
>      critical for a "stable" 1.3 release?  Note that proposing a feature
>      without being willing to do (or recruit someone to do) the work to
>      implement it is a futile exercise;  this is not a request for
>      "wish-list" items.

Bug 410 (http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/410) is marked as
fixed but it isn't.

Here's how to reproduce the bug:

- Instrument the code in WorkflowTool.py like thus:
         def notifyCreated(self, ob):
             '''
             Notifies all applicable workflows after an object has been created
             and put in its new place.
             '''
             wfs = self.getWorkflowsFor(ob)
    +        from zLOG import LOG, INFO
    +        LOG('WorkflowTool', INFO, 'notifyCreated for object %s goes to workflows %s' % (ob.getId(), [wf.id for wf in wfs]))
             for wf in wfs:
                 wf.notifyCreated(ob)

- Create a Factory-based Portal Type named "MyDocument" based on
  Document, without any change. (The bug will manifest itself for types
  where meta_type != portal_type.)

- Create two workflows, foo and bar, based on any workflow.

- In the Workflow Tool, assign Document to 'bar' and 'MyDocument' to foo.

- In the CMF, go to My Stuff and create an object blah of type MyDocument.

- In your stupid.log you'll see:

2002-03-20T15:56:28 INFO(0) WorkflowTool notifyCreated for object blah goes to workflows ['bar']
------
2002-03-20T15:56:28 INFO(0) WorkflowTool notifyCreated for object blah goes to workflows ['foo']

The problem is that notifyCreated is still called from manage_afterAdd
(where portal_type hasn't been set), even though an additional one was
added to constructInstance. But we cannot completely remove the one in
manage_afterAdd if we want workflows to be reset when doing a copy or a
paste...

Besides, it's wrong to have two calls to notifyCreated...

Florent