[Zope-CMF] Additional products in CMF 1.3 ?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
21 Mar 2002 12:08:55 -0500

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 11:53, Gitte Wange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have read the preview of the roadmap to version 1.3 of CMF and was
> wondering if it would include any of the new initiatives for compound
> products ??

Nope;  the compound / composite stuff is not close enough to ready.

  - Thomas Olsen's CMFArticle is a nice implementation for "simple"
    compounds, for which "containment only" semantics are appropriate.

  - Composites which allow "repurposing" (sharing elements across
    multiple composites) require a significantly different architecture;
    we need to see if there is some possibility of uniting the two,
    but need more time.  ZC has several ongoing projects which involve
    this style of composite;  we plan to factor out common bits into
    something generally useful, but not for 1.3.

> I have been working on the OnlinePIM because our users needed something
> a little more "user-friendly" than the reguarly document they usually
> get when they join the portals ...
> I threw my ideas into the community and got a lot of good helpful
> a good beginning for a more user-friendly startpoint for the portal
> members.
>
> I have just thrown a release out today which includes a Calendar Tool
> and a Toolbox.
>
> I would like for the community to try it out and send me some feedback
> or feature requests.

Excellent!