[Zope-CMF] folder_factories and add permissions

Jens-E. Hansen Jens-E.Hansen@gis.de
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:27:56 +0100

> > > Well, I asked Shane about this a while back. Apparently, the
> > > way to handle this is to control the 'View' permission on the
> > > Type object for the type in question.
> > >
> > > I tried is, and it din't work, but Shane gave me some
> > > pointers and I've checked in changes such that this now does
> > > work in CVS.
> >
> > Okay, but this restricts the available Types depending on who
> > you are.  What we really wanted here is restrict the available
> > Types depending on where you create the document. As
> > mentionned, the UI provides this functionnality but it's not
> > enforced at invokeFactory level.
>
> Just checked in a fix for this:
>
>   http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/cmf-checkins/2002-March/001949.html

Sorry but I didn't get it ...

Controlling addable types with the view permission for roles on types in the
type tool seem only to work with roles assigned to users in acl_users.
Assigning a -local role- (with the permission to add a certain type) to a user
doesn't work for me.

Also i didn't understand the functionality of the above mentioned fix and the
"Implicitly addable?" checkbox in the types tool.

After all i'm a bit confused and hope someone can point me to the right
direction how to allow roleA  only to add typeA and roleB to add typeA and typeB
in a folder.

Thank you
Jens-E.