[Zope-CMF] standard_error_message/404 nightmares (Re: 1.3 roadmap)

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:08:47 -0300

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:43:47AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > All right, the functionality below is implemented and the patch
> > is in the collector (
> > http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/486 ). So with this
> > message I'm officially lobbying for inclusion of this patch in
> > CMF 1.3.
>
> Sorry, I missed the start of this, but what's stopping you from using
> standard_error_message to catch this?

standard_error_message is called from all sorts of strange
place. Its request seems to be somehow borked, so important CMF
goodies don't work - it always renders as Anonymous, for example.

Actually, Zope2 error handling is way broken and I don't think
I'm the man to fix it.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/