[Zope-CMF] BlogFace and CVS CMF

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Thu, 02 May 2002 07:53:48 -0400

J C Lawrence wrote:
> On 01 May 2002 11:31:52 -0400
> Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 01:59, J C Lawrence wrote:
>

>>Blogface doesn't quite play nice with stock CMF catalogs: it assumes
>>the existence of a metadata column, 'document_src', which isn't
>>present by default.
>

> <nod>
>
> Aye, that makes sense.  I presume "document_src" was a valid/common
> metadata tag for a prior version of Zope/PTK?  If so, what was it used
> for?

It isn't properly "metadata", but the content of the Document (NewsItem
by derivation);  we just don't capture it in the catalog's metadata.  Karl
explained that the default presentation is based on the internal catalog
generated by the BlogFace (if you check that option).

>>I have a patch for this, along with one to make customizing the
>>filesystem-based views easier (see attachment).
>

> Thanks, that does fix the basic failure.  Much obliged.  Now to make it
> CMFHappy (skins etc).

One could think of the BlogFace as a customized Topic, in the CMF sense;
it extends Topic by pulling additional query parameters out of path
elements.

>   FWIW: I'm trying to take CMFWiki, extend it in various blog-like
>   manners (ala Bill Seitz), port over some of the more interesting ZWiki
>   extensions, and index/access the thing by default with various
>   BlogFace folders (different search criteria).

Sounds interesting!