[Zope-CMF] CMF Maintenance

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 3 May 2002 19:23:49 +0200

Tom Deprez writes:
 > This is something for which people already found a solution, or I'm doing it
 > wrong completely. I'm just fiddling around with the CMF.
 > I've looked at it before and did some things, but till then I didn't really
 > thought about it, because I didn't needed the CMF, now it looks like I do
 > need it:
 >
 > If users add content, they add it straight in the root of the CMF.... this
 > will not be manageble, since the root will have lots of objects.
 > How do people tackle this?
 > Are we able to tell to the CMF that all news items must be stored in a
 > specific folder? Same for documents etc?
 >
 > How will CMF folders behave with lots of content (which will eventuelly be
 > there if your CMF is successfull) ? Does there exists some CMF BTree Folder?
 >
 > Basic question.... how do you manage a very succesfull CMF site?
We put published objects into special places (implemented as a
DataCenter with several BTreeFolders as actual containers).
This is done via Workflow scripts.

We do not manage these places manually.
If something need to be done with them, they are located with a
catalog search and then manage, either individually or in collection.

Dieter