[Zope-CMF] Re: Searching CMF returns all objects

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Sat, 04 May 2002 00:11:16 +0200

Hi James,

sorry for the delay, I had a harddisk crash wednesday afternoon ...

The file mentioned in point 1) resides in your Zope installation,
the path in my e-mail was wrong. The correct path is:

   D:\prog\zope_25x\lib\python\Products\PluginIndexes\TextIndex\TextIndex.py

And the temporary change has to be don in line 314 (Zope 2.5.1).

Point 3): Then, assuming you have copied the code of my e-mail into the
file search.py you have mentioned below,

   you have to log into the ZMI (Zope Management Interface). There you go to
   root of your CMF instance and add the "External method".

      id filed: xxx
      Title field: <empty or a comment>
      Module Name: search
      Function Name: update_catalogIndexes <if you copied the code of my e-mail>

   To run the code go to the Test tab on the ZMI.

   Thats all. Afterwards have a look at the indexes tab of portal_catalog.
   All "(pre-2.4 index) xxx Index" types should be replaced by xxxIndex types.

Caution: Altough the operation is not dangerous, please back up your data.fs file
         to avoid potential data loss!

Greg

At 12:21 01.05.2002, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I hope you do not mind me contacting you. I have read your message to
>Zope-cmf and I am having the same problem. When searching the catalogue it
>returns all objects. I am trying to run the external method but it is all
>going over my head. I have created search.py in the Extensions folder under
>Zope. I have created an External method but I am unsure what to put in the
>fields and how do I actually run the method?
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>James

Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org