[Zope-CMF] CMF Maintenance

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 5 May 2002 21:55:16 +0200

Tom Deprez writes:
 > Is it possible to create certain objects, eg news only in the eg 'news BTree
 > Folder'?  Do we've to modify the addNewsItem method?
 > Or can this be configured somewhere? (Just to be sure that I'm not replacing
 > things, eg addNewsItem, while there are simpler approaches)
In a standard CMF installations, all content types are protected
by the same permission "Add portal content".
Separate out news items (search the mailing list for "ContentInit",
to find out how to do this) and protect it by its own permission.
Refuse this permission everywhere, except where you accept news to
be created.

I am sure, your users will not like to need to go to one of these destinations
in order to create a news item. They probably will expect a global
action that creates a news item in such a destination.

Dieter