[Zope-CMF] DefaultDublinCoreImpl no more auto catalog itself in CMF-1.3beta1?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 5 May 2002 21:48:47 +0200

Luca Olivetti writes:
 > Tres Seaver wrote:
 > > Mix 'CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware.CMFCatalogAware' into your class,
 > > which will call 'self.indexObject()' in its 'manage_afterAdd'
 > > and 'manage_afterClone' methods.
 >
 > Nope, it doesn't work. My class already mixes in PortalContent (which in
 > turn derives from CMFCatalogAware).
 > The problem seems to be that my class also derives from PortalFolder: I
 > have other classes that do not derive from PortalFolder and they *do*
 > get catalogged. Could it be this the problem?
Yes, this is the problem.

Both "PortalFolder" and "PortalContent" have their own
"manage_afterAdd" methods. Apparently, you get the one
of "PortalFolder" (which does not catalog). You need to
merge the two definitions (same for "manage_afterCone", "manage_beforeDelete")
(call them both) in your own implementation of the methods.

Dieter