[Zope-CMF] DefaultDublinCoreImpl no more auto catalog itself in CMF-1.3beta1?

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Sun, 05 May 2002 23:11:29 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>  > The problem seems to be that my class also derives from PortalFolder: I
>  > have other classes that do not derive from PortalFolder and they *do*
>  > get catalogged. Could it be this the problem?
> Yes, this is the problem.
>
> Both "PortalFolder" and "PortalContent" have their own
> "manage_afterAdd" methods.

I looked at the source of PortalFolder and didn't find one. Didn't look
at its ancestors though.

> Apparently, you get the one
> of "PortalFolder" (which does not catalog). You need to
> merge the two definitions (same for "manage_afterCone", "manage_beforeDelete")
> (call them both) in your own implementation of the methods.

That's probably the only solution but it seems to me that it defeats the
purpose of object oriented programming (or maybe is only python with
multiple inheritance that's weird for an object pascal guy like me ;-)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti