[Zope-CMF] BlogFace and CVS CMF

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 05 May 2002 22:47:50 -0700

On 02 May 2002 17:18:17 -0700
Karl Anderson <kra@monkey.org> wrote:
> J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> writes:

>> Thanks, that does fix the basic failure.  Much obliged.  Now to make
>> it CMFHappy (skins etc).

> great!

Aye, tho a little more intricate than I'd expected.

>> FWIW: I'm trying to take CMFWiki, extend it in various blog-like
>> manners (ala Bill Seitz), port over some of the more interesting
>> ZWiki extensions, and index/access the thing by default with various
>> BlogFace folders (different search criteria).

> I've been playing around with this for ZWiki.  See
> http://www.zope.org/Members/karl/BlogFace/BlogFace/wikiblog.txt.
> There's an example at http://viii.dclxvi.org/demo/wikiblog/blog.

Very nicely done.  Slick.  I like it.  That's actually almost exactly
what I started out wanting to do.

I'm now trying to take a slightly different tack.  I like the extra
logic that comes with CMFTopics (booleans, sorts, etc), the ease of
nesting topics, and the rather nicely done control UI, and am trying to
extend CMFTopic in the following ways:

  Do a default date sort of matched entries.

  Use Calendar ala BlogFace to provide a calendar-based pager thru
  matching entries.

  Extend Calendar to support a UI element to increment/decrement months
  and years.

  Optionally check the matched object for a "slot_view" (as suggested by
  Tres), and if present use that to render the object in place rather
  than just presenting a link.

  If the matched object is discussable, display the number of comments
  (if any) made against it).

  If the object is discussable, (optionall) provide a link to add a new
  comment.

Hopefully I'll end up with something that works as well as what you've
got going above.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?