[Zope-CMF] DefaultDublinCoreImpl no more auto catalog itself in CMF-1.3beta1?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 6 May 2002 18:05:33 +0200

Luca Olivetti writes:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Both "PortalFolder" and "PortalContent" have their own
 > > "manage_afterAdd" methods.
 >
 > I looked at the source of PortalFolder and didn't find one. Didn't look
 > at its ancestors though.
Take a lock at "DocFinder"

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

It will easily reveal where "PortalFolder" defined its "manage_afterAdd"...

 > > Apparently, you get the one
 > > of "PortalFolder" (which does not catalog). You need to
 > > merge the two definitions (same for "manage_afterCone", "manage_beforeDelete")
 > > (call them both) in your own implementation of the methods.
 >
 > That's probably the only solution but it seems to me that it defeats the
 > purpose of object oriented programming (or maybe is only python with
 > multiple inheritance that's weird for an object pascal guy like me ;-)
Indeed.

  It is not clear what should be done when several inherited base
  classes define the same attribute. Python takes the first it finds...

Dieter