[Zope-CMF] Not allowed to access getMemberById in this context

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:01:44 -0400

I've seen errors like this posted in the archives of the list, but haven't
been able to find any solution that will work.  The problem is this:

In a python script I have this code:

	request = container.REQUEST
	RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
	portal_properties = context.portal_properties
	portal_membership = context.portal_membership

	id=request.get('id')
	member = portal_membership.getMemberById(id)

	member.setMemberProperties(request)
	container.manage_users(submit="Change",REQUEST=request)

The code is choking on the getMemberById call.  At first I get an
authentication popup asking for username / password but nothing I enter
(including the admin password) will work.  Eventually I get the error
message "Error Value: You are not allowed to access getMemberById in this
context". I find this very odd since I can call getMemberById in a dtml
method.  In fact the DTML method that eventually generates the call to this
python script is calling getMemberById without a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin