[Zope-CMF] default workflow question

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
09 May 2002 17:28:35 -0400

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 15:29, Mark Gibson wrote:
> I'd like to allow a class of trusted users to create items that would
> automatically be 'published', yet retain a normal workflow for normal
> registered memebers.
>
> I'd like the trusted users to never have to worry about workflow, and
> avoid the 'publish', 'retract', 'reject' process on their objects.  I
> realize I can give them 'Review portal content' permission on objects
> they own, but this would still require the 'publish' step.
>
> Any ideas on how best to go about doing this?

1. Create a new workflow with a "faux" initial state, e.g.,
   'start'.

2. Add a transition from this state to "published", and protect
   it with the role or permission you prefer.  Mark it "automatic".

3. Add a second transition from this state to "private",
   with no guard.  Mark it "automatic" as well.

The appropriate automatic transition will fire immediately, leaving
your object in the desired state.