[Zope-CMF] default workflow question

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
10 May 2002 14:23:00 -0400

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 12:07, Mark Gibson wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 15:29, Mark Gibson wrote:
> >
> >>I'd like to allow a class of trusted users to create items that would
> >>automatically be 'published', yet retain a normal workflow for normal
> >>registered memebers.
> [stuff deleted]
> >>Any ideas on how best to go about doing this?
> >>

> > 1. Create a new workflow with a "faux" initial state, e.g.,
> >    'start'.
> >
> > 2. Add a transition from this state to "published", and protect
> >    it with the role or permission you prefer.  Mark it "automatic".
> >
> > 3. Add a second transition from this state to "private",
> >    with no guard.  Mark it "automatic" as well.
> >
> > The appropriate automatic transition will fire immediately, leaving
> > your object in the desired state.
> >
> > Tres.
> >
> Thanks Tres,
>

> That pretty much works.  I had to create mutually exclusive guards,
> otherwise Zope seemed to have a problem - perhaps having to do with
> trying to automatically transition to two different states.
>
>   However, the unanticipated side effect is that  the new content that
> is created and published isn't editable!  So, the next question is how
> do I make content in the 'Published' state editable?  Where are those
> permissions set?

DCWorkflow uses the "Security" tab of the state as a "cookie-cutter" for
objects which enter that state;  give your privileged role the "Modify
portal content" permission in the security tab of the "Published" state,
then click the "Update workflow permissions" button on the tool, and all
should be well.