[Zope-CMF] in-browser HTML editing controls

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 09:58:23 -0400

Jon Edwards wrote:
>>From what I've
>>read (primarily from Pete Wilson in the netscape.public.mozilla.style
>>newsgroup), there's a little bit of implementation.
>

> I'm probably getting confused, but I think "mozblog" has this
> functionality -

Nope, mozblog is a XUL application.  It doesn't mix HTML and the editor
widget.

> http://mozblog.mozdev.org/
>
> - albeit fairly limited (bold, italic, add link, ordered list)
>
> See also Bloggenmoz http://bloggenmoz.antville.org/

This is an interesting application!  But again, it isn't about mixing
the worlds of HTML and editing.

> Dunno how hard it would be to get it to work with CMF/Zope?

Bloggenmoz isn't currently able to retrieve anything from the server.
Little bit of a limitation. :^)

> Also, the Editor page on their website seems to suggest it is working?
> http://www.mozilla.org/editor/

The relevant page, about embedding the editing widget in an HTML page,
was last modified on "July 21 2000".  Let's just say that what it claims
and what it does might be different.

> ...and see Jon Udell's weblog -
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0100887/2002/03/15.html (near the bottom), and
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0100887/2002/03/13.html
>
> I havent played with any of them yet... have I got the wrong end of the
> stick?

Look at it this way -- you have the right end of a different stick. :^)

--Paul