[Zope-CMF] CMF authentication

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 12 May 2002 09:50:00 +0200

Mike Tran writes:
 > If user (jsmith) is a member of two CMF sites (A and B).  Jsmith uses the
 > same password to access both sites.  How do I automate the login process so
 > that Authenticated jsmith from site A does not have to login again to access
 > site B or vice versa?
They belong to the same host?

  Then it may be automatic. If it does not work, you may need to
  fiddle with the "path" parameter when setting cookies (in
  Cookie Crumbler) (see cookie specification).

They belong to the same domain?

  Then, you will need to use the "domain" parameter when setting cookies.
  Again, see referenced resource above.

  Some browsers allow to disable transfer of such cookies.

They do not belong to the same domain?

  You need to use an explicit transfer, because cookies will not
  be delivered outside of a domain...

Dieter