[Zope-CMF] TypesTool, Content Actions.. move to ActionInformation?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 20:16:03 -0500

I have been getting familiar with portal_actions. Plone 0.9.9 uses
portal_actions extensively. But the TypesTool actions that are associated
with a Content Object are very different from the portal_actions that are
everywhere else (this is a historical artifact).  These actions are simple
dictionaries, where as most other actions are proper ActionInformation
instances.  And one of the most powerful methods of a ActionInformation
instance is hte condition attribute Expression.  .. This way you can
conditionally show a action in the ActionsTool.

soooo.

would people agree that we should move this to ActionInformation instances?
the only thing that looks to be a pain is the DTML presentation,
editActions.dtml.  Would things behave 'as expected' if we had condition
Expression attribute and used ActionInformation objects?

I would be more than happy to dedicate time doing this.  But i dont know
anything about the internals of the ActionsTool at large.  is this 'fairly
simple' to do?  or is it huge undertaking?

i.e.
* object is locked through webdav
* in portal_types/Document/actions/edit should have a condition: check to
make sure this object is not locked
* we want to conditionally show the edit action.

~runyaga