[Zope-CMF] Cookie Crumbler Issues

Andy Dawkins andyd@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 16:10:41 +0100

Hi All

I am having some problems with the Cookie Crumbler and i am hope someone
can help.

I have a cookie crumbler with the required login_form, logged_in,
logged_out and logout methods
In the same folder is an acl_users folder

This is fine, I can log into my site and browse around....... until i
hit a method which the current user doesn't not have the specific role
to access.  At this point it throws a Basic Authentication login dialog
box.

This is not what i expected.
I expected to be redirected to the login_form and get 3 chances to
provide a suitable username/password before finally being presented with
a 'bog off' screen.

I have tried using the latest CVS checkout of Cookie Crumbler from the
CMF

I am also tried using the latest Cookie Crumbler download 0.5 which is
slighty beter. i.e. If you go straight to the object you get the
login_form and get bounced back to the login form until you get
authenticated, but if you have already succesfully logged in before
attemping to call the security  protected object you still get the Basic
Authentication Dialog box and not the login_form

Can anyone assist?
Am I going bananas?

-Andy Dawkins
(New Information Paradigms Ltd)