[Zope-CMF] TypesTool, Content Actions.. move to ActionInformation?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:32:12 +0100

alan runyan wrote:

> Use Case:
> * ContentAuthors get a task to update the frontpage Document to reflect
> event at company.
> * ContentAuthor1 locks frontpage Document to update some information
> * ContentAuthor2 a few minutes later gets the task.. goes to change the
> frontpage document
> * CA1 meanwhle has gone to the bathroom for an extended period of time (too
> much Guinness the night before)
> * CA2 does his changes.  clicks save.  they get an error saying the Document
> is locked. -- is frustrated:
> Why did the system *even* allow me to edit the damn Document if it were
> already locked?
> * CA1 gets back. finishes his changes, saves, and unlocks document.

Fair enough :-)

> if there isnt a condition expression it wouldnt execute.  this is how quite
> a few ActionInformation work currently.
> I would envision there would not be a performance *hog* associated with this
> change.
> in fact, I only want the 'edit' action to be impacted for most objects.

Well, I'd say do the development on a branch and get some comparison rendering times for
pages of index_html in CMFDefault, then let people vote on whether or not they want the
branch merged...

cheers,

Chris