an old question: "[Zope-CMF] Enabling ftp/webdav directory creation? "

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
15 May 2002 10:46:16 -0400

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 09:20, joeysj@ms3.hinet.net wrote:

> This question was posted to [Zope-CMF] by Byron on  Wed. 12 Dec. 2001,
> and there isn't any response since then.
>
> Now, I encounter a similar problem. I'm using Zope 2.5 and CMF 1.2 for linux. In a FTP connection, login as a normal member, I can't create a new directory (Portal Folder) in my (member's) home, while a manager can. The ftp error message is '530 Unauthorized.'
>
> However, in CMF1.2/CHANGES.txt, there is description repeated here:
>
>    New features
>
>    * Hooked manage_addFolder to allow creation of PortalFolders from
>      both WebDAV, FTP, and ZMI.
>
> Do I miss something?

Nope, this is a bug.  'PortalFolder.manage_addFolder' does the right
thing, but is not called directly;  intead, 'webdav.NullResource.MKCOL'
is the method invoked from the publisher.  This method is protected by
the "Add Folders" permission, and is not "re-wireable" by the container.

Your best workaround would be to give the "Add Folders" permission to
the 'Owner' role.