[Zope-CMF] Question regarding CMF-Topic

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
16 May 2002 17:53:06 -0400

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 04:51, Robert Rottermann wrote:
> Thanks Tres,
> seems I did not make myself clear.
> I would like to select objects fulfilling the following criteria:
> all objects having both subject entries:
> peru
> forest
>
> and all objects having both subject entries:
> southamerica
> forest
>
> therefore I must be able to combine two criteria on the same element
> (Subject in this case)

The catalog has *never* supported the kind of query you would like
to make:

  (peru and forest) or (soutamerica and forest).

This is not a CMF restriction.

To accomplish such a query, you will need to write code which unions
the result sets from two separate queries;  Topics have no plumbing
for such an idea.