[Zope-CMF] Change doc type

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 08:43:53 -0400

I have several CMF types that are essentially the CMF File meta_type with
the "Meta type" attribute changed to another name (e.g., Press Release).
Since all of these are based on the CMFDefault product and the File portal
type, is there a way after creation that I could change an existing type
instance from one type to another (e.g. Press Release --> Company
Announcement) .  I know I could do this by programmatically deleting the
existing instance and re-adding the new type with the same metadata, but I
was hoping for an easier way.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin