[Zope-CMF] Topic, allowedRolesAndUsers and NuxUserGroups

Sion Morris s.morris@bangor.ac.uk
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:28:04 +0000

Hi,

Problem:
An item, 'allowedRolesAndUsers', is a criterion that can be used in a
Topic.
    String: allowedRolesAndUsers
    Value: admin
But when the Topic is viewed, the 'allowedRolesAndUsers'  criteria seem
to be ignored.

Background:
The project is for an intranet application for workgroups.

One task is to search for every document in a particular group.

At the root level of the CMF I have set up a 'workgroup member' role
with access privileges. NuxUserGroups is installed to allow groups -->
role mapping.

The permission for each document, news item, NuxDocument etc. is set by
the user using a customised form e.g. select the group 'admin' from a
list (This seems sensible to me but I haven't done it yet so please let
me know if you think otherwise :-)). The permission setting, i.e. the
'admin' group, is programmatically assigned to the 'workgroup member'
role of the document after it has been submitted.

The permission details are catalogued by the portal_catalog in the
'allowedUsersAndRoles' index as ['group:admin', 'user:bob'].

If Jane, who is a member of the 'admin' group, searches for 'admin' in
the 'allowedRolesAndUsers' index, should it mean that all published
document with 'admin' in 'allowedRolesAndUsers' index are found? If this
could work then instead of having folders to seperate workgroups I could
use the permission mapping.

If I have strayed hoplessly off course here then please let me know :-)

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Sion