[Zope-CMF] Setting default local permissions in a Python product?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:39:40 +0100

Hi all, please excuse me if this is obvious, but I'm having a "dumb day"!

Can anyone point me at some example code that will show me the "right way"
to set the default local permissions for a python product (CMF) I'm making,
based on Portal Folder?

Two examples -

- Workgroup-Folder - whenever one of these is added, it should turn off the
automatically-inherited permissions for Portal Members to View and Access
Content Info (even if it's published) - so that only locally-assigned people
have access to its contents.

- Discussion-Folder - should (by default) allow Anonymous to create
"Discussion Items" (which I'll sub-class from Document) and replies.

I've scanned through CMFDefault, etc, but couldn't find an example of how to
do this in a product/module

Cheers, Jon