[Zope-CMF] CMF, templates, and dtml

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 16:16:28 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Withers  <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> Dennis Allison wrote:
> > I did some experimentation a few weeks ago with CMF and ran into
> > problems when I mized template and dtml pages.  At that time, CMF
> > 1.2 seemed to be template based with incomplete support for dtml.
> > Has this changed with 1.3?
>
> No, DTML is being phased out ;-)

Well, ChrisW likes to diss DTML and say it's useful for nothing :-)
but actually it will still be useful, and maintained, and ZC is
definitely not phasing it out.
Simply now there is an alternative that may be better in a number of
situations.

On Dennis's specific problem: what pages did you miss ?

Also remember that the F in CMF is for Framework, and that everybody
is expected to adapt it to his needs, which means writing better
views if necessary.

Florent