[Zope-CMF] Making CMFProduct visible in folder contents

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 08:59:39 -0700

As I cannot see your exact setup remotely, it is difficult to
assess the problem.

The way I've nailed down the issue in the past was to remove the
condition (if or tal:condition) block from folder contents, and see
if the it would either render or return a traceback with more
information.

If not, the next thing I check is the security block within the
product and the security tab of the portal_type in the zmi. For
example, changing view privileges from 'aquired' to a specific role
will prevent the item from being displayed via folder contents.

  ~C

On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 02:25  AM, Pawel Lewicki wrote:

> I altered the code of factory_type_information and set as the
> 'content_icon'
> one of already existing. When I access it by
> http://localhost:8080/portal/myProductInstance/getIcon I get the
> link to it.
> But my products are still not rendered.
> I wonder what is the difference as the core is almost copy/paste
> 'development' based on CMFBoringProduct that even doesn't have
> 'content_icon' property set. I took it from CMFCalendar.
>
> Pawel Lewicki

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z