[Zope-CMF] Security problems

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:10:32 -0400

Well, the problem is fixed but it seems an awful lot like magic.  The
function in question, getMemberByID, was being called by a DTML method and
was failing in a DTML method called by the first method.  In a last,
desperate attempt, I created a copy of the second method, deleted the
original and renamed the new copy to match the original method name.   Just
as quickly as things had stopped working, they started working again.

My question to the list is this:  Could this type of behavior be caused by a
corrupted object in the ZODB?  If so, can anyone hazard a guess at how this
type of corruption occurs?

Thanks,

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Kevin Carlson
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 4:57 PM
To: zope-cmf group
Subject: [Zope-CMF] Security problems

All of sudden, I am having problems accessing the function getMemberById in
the portal_membership tool.  I noticed in the source code that it is
declared as protected.  Can someone explain what the difference is between
protected and private in the Zope sense?  Does one allow access from DTML /
ZPT and the other doesn't?

Thanks,

Kevin