[Zope-CMF] what to start with-cmf or plone?

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:58:51 -0700

> Hi,
I want to start using plone for an intranet instead of starting down the
road of plain CMF (1.2) because I have been reading that plone is better out
of the box. I have 3 questions:
1- should I use plone now expecting a relatively easy upgrade to v1.0 (since
its so close) or should I go with CMF instead because of my need to start
something now? (The warning on the plone download page has me a little
concerned that I will be left with no easy upgrade path)
2- what is the anticipated release of 1.0?
3- If I choose either plain CMF or plone will my items (news, files, etc) be
able to me moved between the two if I choose the alternate product instead
down the road a few months?

I have made a basic intranet based on CMF 1.2 and used it for testing...if I
keep going this route I would like to be able to migrate to plone later with
a cut and paste type approach- is this realistic?