[Zope-CMF] Wrong meta type for new type

Fearless Froggie fearless_froggie@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:03:46 -0800 (PST)

> This is very unclear. Please try to restate you
problem.

> You should also know that in CMF meta_type is not
unique among document
> types. That's a design goal. portal_type is what
should be used.

> Also, know that you should never change the "Product
Meta Type" line of
> a portal type's factory type information.

> Florent

Yes I was very confused, and I guess so was my email.
As soon as I sent that email, I realized what the
problem was.

I followed the Zwack Chapter 5 example to create a new
CMF type, but then I couldn't figure out why my
objects were being catalogued as "Document" types
instead of my new type. Well, after scratching my head
for a bit I realized that this new type was based on
the "Document" type, and therefore they were being
catalogued as "documents". Wow, I finally "understand"
a whole section of zope and the CMF!

After a bit of trial and error, I created a new
file-based product based on the "CMFBoringProduct"
that I found on the zope website. Now I just need to
add the extra bits that I need to my new unboring CMF
product.

Thanks! Rita.