[Zope-CMF] Preventing people from joining a CMF site?

BZ bz@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:42:14 -0500 (EST)

I have been looking at it and the only place it looks like it would fit is:

112 tseaver 1.1     def testPropertiesValidity(self, props, member=None):
113                     '''If the properties are valid, returns None.  If
not, returns
114                     a string explaining why.
115                     '''
116                     if member is None:
117                         # New member.
118                         username = props.get('username', '')
119                         if not username:
120                             return 'You must enter a valid name.'
121                         if not self.isMemberIdAllowed(username):
122                             return 'The login name you selected is
already ' \
123                                    'in use or is not valid. Please
choose another.'
124                         if not props.get('email', ''):
125                             return 'You must enter a valid email
address.'
126                     return None

I have been playing around with the code, but the problem is you have to
bring them both to one state (lower) and test against that.

I was wondering if anyone had already done it?

BZ