[Zope-CMF] One or two products?

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:54:14 +0100

> I think new users find this pretty intimidating and it makes the
> installation explanations a lot harder to write.

New users can get Nuxedo CPS from http://www.nuxeo.org/cps/CPS_2.1.tgz or=
 a=20
installer for Plone from http://plone.org/download

> 1. One product, called CMF, that you drop into the Products folder, tha=
> combines CMFCore, CMFDefault and DCWorkflow.

AFAIK, DCWorkflow isnt part of CMF at the moment. You need to start with=20
integrating it.

Even then, I really don't see what good this would do...

> CMFDefault - a default layer for CMFCore that is entirely replaceable a=
nd
> not necessary to use the CMF. Maybe even change it's name to CMFDemo.

=2E..when you also are saying that CMFDefault should be renamed to CMFDem=
o=20
because it's not necessary.

> Personally, I'd prefer option 1 for ease of installation and a decent
> out-of-the-box feel.

I don't see any reason for this. Developers should be able to get a few=20
packages. End users should get something as Plone or Nuxeo CPS anyway.

I can't belive that anyone thinks CMFDefault has a "decent
out-of-the-box feel".

I'd rather see CMF as CMFCore and DCWorkflow, and then a better mechanism=
 to =20
simplify the installation of other 3'rd party products. The Install.py wa=
y of=20
doing things could be improved alot...

--=20

  /Magnus