[Zope-CMF] CMFCollector and latest plone i18n issues

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
01 Oct 2002 11:16:32 +0800

Hi

On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 00:32, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> In article <1033033024.27042.312.camel@etg-sun-1> you write:
> > I am trying to get CMFCollector working with the latest Plone skin
> > and Zope 2.6b1 (I had it working on a earlier plone version and zope
> > version) but now there is all this i18n stuff in the collector skin
> > provided with plone.
> >
> > What additional Products etc are required to get all this working.
>
> If you want localizetion without Plone's AltTal and AltPT, you need to
> install a translation service. For now only PersistentTranslationService
> exists. It uses Localizer from CVS as its backend.
Actually I don't want localisation at all, and what I found was
the Plone CMFCollector skins requires the removal of the il18n namespace
declaration other wise the pagetemplates won't compile, as I don't have
AltPT, AltTal

> > it sames to complain on a number of but not all i18n:translate and
> > i18n:name calls.
>
> I'd be very interested in knowing which ones.
>
> > Talk of AltPT scares me off, and at the moment I don't want to go there
> > at all. I hope this isn't a requirement.
>
> It isn't anymore as the i18n support from Zope 3 has been backported to
> Zope 2.6b1.

Ok, what threw me was the failure to compile the CMFCollector skins