[Zope-CMF] Plone/Metadata/FUD

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:06:56 +0100

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> framework?" and "what is product?"  DCWorkflow is not framework - it's a
> product that is a very good example of the flexibility of the CMF
> Workflow engines plugin agent architecture.

Yeah, but everyone needs it and uses it by default, so why not make it part of
the 'core' rather than the useless 'default_workflow' and let people use
alernative tools only when they really need to?

> Catalog; but I was grateful not to have syndication, membership, and all
> sorts of other little things that (at least in CMF 1.2) required too
> much work to tone down or disable.

Agreed, it would be nice to just be able to delete the tools to disable the
functionality. I don't think this was an important enough design consideration
during the majority of CMF development :-(

cheers,

Chris